Garnier Olia caused hair to fall out.

I found Garnier's new product Olia hair color on the shelves at Wal-Mart this morning and decided to give it a try.I have used boxed hair color in the past and have always had good luck.

I used shade darkest brown 3.0. Following the directions I rinsed the hair color out in the shower and upon applying the conditioner noticed that my hair was coming out in clumps!

Not only is my hair thinner, damaged and NOT the color I thought it would be now I have to live with the fact that this supposedly "great" product made a lot of my hair fall out!I am so upset and would NEVER recomend this product to anyone else.

More Review Details

Helpful? 138 Yes 138 919 No 919
Had the same issue 108 Yes 108
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 12 #1093203

Garnier hair color has some ingredient that has women avoiding it...I found out a little late and lost about half my beautiful hair! In my 50s it won't even regrow that easily! Got an expensive wig now to help until my scalp heals!

devastated

Jan 30 #1103417 Napanee, Ontario

My hair is still falling out. I had all kinds of bloodwork done, everything fine. It is Garnier. Still my hair continues to fall out and I haven't dyed it since November! I think it has caused permanent damage to my follicles. It seems that way. I am utterly depressed. I unknowingly destroyed my hair....Planning to shave it off..Can't take seeing it all over the place and coming out in clumps in the shower anymore. :********* Shame on you Garnier. I'd like to sue your a$$es but money won't heal my scalp!

Crushed

Jan 02 #1087577 Lagrange, Georgia

I totally agree. I've used Garnier hair color several times and just trusted their products, so I decided to use Olia. Well low and behold when my hair dresser started to wash out the color and shampoo my hair, it started coming out in clumps. I ended up having to cut my hair down to a short hair style just to cover the damage. I would not ever recommend this product to my enemy.

Dec 07, 2015 #1075098

I also used this thinking it would be better for my hair than the ammonia based products or even salon color. I couldn't believe it when my hair started coming out in clumps -- not just breaking off at the ends but actually from the roots. I was horrified!
The hair loss continued for many weeks and I'm not convinced it will ever all grow back. This is one of the worst products I have ever tried.
I can't believe it's still on the market. Garnier, shame on you.

Nov 15, 2015 #1064058

It took 3 boxes of hair dye 6 weeks apart to figure out the dye was making my HAIR FALL OUT!!!!!! And its not just ilia doing this I used garner foam and garner nutrisse. I went to the doctor had blood work came out perfect thought it was my new brush maybe burnt my hair nope. It was garner!!!!! I am really afraid I'm going to go bald my hair is so thin it barely goes in a bun. I have long hair to the middle of my back. The ends are like thin string now. I am depressed and don't know what to do. Will it ever grow back???? I'm so glad I found these reviews this is devastated. How many other people are loosing there hair from this ***????

Oct 31, 2015 #1056587

It is 10/31/2015 and I just finished using Garnier Olia, medium goolden brown. I also noticed more hair than usual in my hands. Just hope not more comes out. My hair felt dry after using it. And the conditioner has way too much perfume in it to be hair-healthy. Disappointed because the color was a nice match.

Sep 06, 2015 #1030537

Same thing happening to me. I used this product 2 to 3 months ago. My hair started to fall out since the moment i dyed it with olia. Lot of hair came off while Washing off olia. Then everytime i wash my hair, chunk of hair fall out everything. I can grap a chuck of it and pull them out. Still happening after 2 mons dying with Olia.

Aug 29, 2015 #1027110

You need to make a complaint with you local Better Business Bureau. Make sure to tell them everything that happened to your hair.

2 0 Reply
freakin out

Aug 03, 2015 #1015447

six months ago I had the most luscious strong silky hair of anyone I've known. Kids would hang from it. Straight guys (like myself) would complement me on it at parties and bars, even though it was against their nature to do so and their jealousy showed a bit. No sign of receding hairline or thinning. Definitely one of my best features.-
Used Olia, 3days later hair went bone straight, then dry and tangly- didn't feel like my hair! Day4 it started falling out on floor, shower, hands- at an alarming rate. Started trying EVERYTHING to stop it -all natural hair products, supplements, doctors tests, diet changes etc etc.- has it triggered Telogen Effluvium? an allergic reaction? damaged follicles?It's been just about 7 months and still falling out 300+/day how can my scalp still be feeling this? And will it ever stop? I have less than 30% left and losing my mind

Jul 31, 2015 #1014323

I just used this product for the first time today in the shade soft blue black and A CLUMP of my hair fell out, i followed the directions and everything, ive been dying my hair for 3 years now and today was the first time using a boxed dye.. Never again. I DO NOT recommend olia

May 05, 2015 #980333

I just tried this on my gray hair. Left it on for 40 minutes and used the whole tube of conditioner for 10 minutes under shower cap. Very happy with results. I am skeptical about using it again after reading these reviews but so far so good.

Raerae

Apr 11, 2015 #970808 Brampton, Ontario

To those fools saying you should have tested it out. Dont be so naive. Its a chemical reaction and normally wouldnt show on the patch test. I also tried it and mu hair was fine. Now there are two bald spots on both sides of my hair. I wish i checked this first. I have been crying day in day out. I dont know what to do am embarassed and my self esteem is destroyed. I washed my hair out today hoping itll stop shedding. Lets just pray there is a solution for this.

Jul 17, 2015 #1008899

How long ago did you use this product?

Essie

Mar 31, 2015 #966187 Fort Walton Beach, Florida

I used Garnier Full & Plush shampoo and conditioner and my hair came out

3 0 Reply

Jan 22 #1098993

Same here. My hair was the thickest, strongest, and longest it's ever been up until a few weeks ago. I usually use bought Garnier Fructis sleek and shine or herbal essence, but I tried GF Full and Plush because it was on sale and thought what the hey why not. A couple of weeks of using the shampoo and conditioner along with the blow dry cream stuff and my hair had been falling out in big clumps every day, every time I shower brush my hair or blow dry (not often) it's just devastating! My hair is really thin now, and brittle and looks like ***. I'm so disappointed in this product it ruined my beatiful hair which is almost down to my butt. Hair that long doesn't look good of it's thin and scraggly.

Cass

Mar 03, 2015 #953543 Goulburn, New South Wales

I was minutes of my hair turning to jelly ,if I wasn't talking online to my hairdresser friend I wouldn't have hair today , it formed matted dreadlocks and my scalp was hot , I had to wash it twice ,pour a litre of milk on my scalp and smother in conditioner til morning , never again with I trust this product .

Daniella

Dec 15, 2014 #916256 Toronto, Ontario

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT.
I had virgin hair that I wanted to have a richer colour to it. I thought this would be the safest option.
My hairline is receding dramatically after three weeks. I have noticed fall-out on my pillow, bathroom floor and in the shower. I have also noticed a lot of flyways and as well and my hair was strong and silky prior.
I am unsure of what to do at this point as my roots are growing back. I am off to see a colourist ASAP.

9 2 Reply
Hairless

Mar 06, 2015 #954829 Toronto, Ontario

I used this product 6 times before dumb me figured out it was Olia causing my hair loss ( now up to 90 % breakage..getting my hair ((what's left)) buzzed off today) all my beautiful long hair that now looks like Mange..thought it was my health failing or something ..ran to doctor and she said HAIR DYE ..OLIA .
This is a crime and this company should be made to pay ..Class Action Anyone ?

7 0 Reply

Aug 04, 2015 #1015634

How long ago did you use this product? I am loosing my hair like crazy and I only used it twice.

paperdoll

Jan 10 #1092286

I used this product in Sept, Oct and Nov different shades and my hair is falling out. Also the black would not wash out for months. Yes. MONTHS. I am utterly horrified at what is happening. Is it permanent damage to follicles? HELP. Someone please let us know if your hair grew back! Please!

0 0

1-20 of 129 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.