Livingston, New Jersey
8.8K views 170 comments

I found Garnier's new product Olia hair color on the shelves at Wal-Mart this morning and decided to give it a try.I have used boxed hair color in the past and have always had good luck.

Related: Garnier - Olia messed my hair up twice!

I used shade darkest brown 3.0. Following the directions I rinsed the hair color out in the shower and upon applying the conditioner noticed that my hair was coming out in clumps!

Not only is my hair thinner, damaged and NOT the color I thought it would be now I have to live with the fact that this supposedly "great" product made a lot of my hair fall out!I am so upset and would NEVER recomend this product to anyone else.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Garnier Hair Dye
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Garnier?

Comments

Theres
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada #1329312

I used the OLIA and now I have massive hair loss. It is horrible.

Lisa

ADVICE TO ANYONE HAVING HAIR LOSS FROM THESE PRODUCTS.

I myself have lost alot of hair because of Garnier, and am of course devastated and angry.(if theres a petition to send Garnier to ***, let me know)

Whilst mine hasn't stopped coming out - it cant last forever.

Even though some of these tips are obvious, I hope the can at leas aid some people.

*Wash your hair less. I wash mine every 2 weeks because more comes out when i'm in the shower. I know some peoples hair gets greasy, but if u can train your hair to go long periods of time without a wash, do it.

*Same goes for brushing your hair, do it as minimally as possible. *Try to sleep with your hair in a pony tail using a scrunchy (something soft) Hair elastics (especially the black ones with the metal piece in them) can tug on the hair at night and are often too tight.

* Obvious one - Dont use hair, curlers, straighteners, blow dryers, hair spray or dye your hair... (For the mean time... we dont want to make the situation worse.) *Buy a wide tooth comb. brushes and combs with lost of bristles will only pull out more hair.

*When brushing brush from the bottom up. Starting at the top or middle will only pull out more hair when you meet a knot or tangle. *VERY RECCOMENDED - buy a detangling spray. (I have the inexpensive ones from the kiddy section of my supermarket.) When ever you HAVE to brush your hair, or when you get out of the shower from washing your hair,...

* MOST IMPORTANT. Just treat your hair very delicately, the less you touch it the less will come out. ie. when you do wash your hair, dont scrub and gather up all your hair on top of your head and wash with the shampoo.

Just let it lay down your back in its natural position and gently put shampoo/conditioner on it, GENTLY cleaning it. Hair is at its most delicate state when wet, so even when rinsing, dont scrub, just let the water spray on to it. *Dab your hair dry never rub against it. *ALWAYS use cold/ luke cold water to wash your hair, hot water is bad for delicate hair.

*Go to your chemist and get some Biotin. Very good for your hair, and wont hurt in aiding your hair. These tips arn't a solution, but will help to cut down the amount of hair you loose, not dramatically (Not brushing your hair will stop alot of it), but every strand counts. As I've said, it cant last forever, those of us effected may have to be patient, but Im sure one day we wont have to worry.

no one has said that its stopped, but i assume thats because no one checks this post often enough to reply to comments. So it might be a few of months or a year or so, but observe and you may notice it slowing down. Sorry to all those effected, i feel you. I know hair is important, but don't tie your self worth to hair.

There are ALWAYS was around hair loss if things go south.message me at pearship1011@gmail.com if anyone wants to talk or is extremely upset.

Astoria, Oregon, United States #1313102

I used the exact same one and my hair is falling out as well! Not sure why it is, I have never had this happen before.

Fall River, Massachusetts, United States #1306491

Omgggg I used their color product also my hair was clumping out.I don't mean strands I mean a sufficient amount.

Luckily I have thick full hair.But omg really!

#1302036

All the negative comments regarding this hair product are real. Garnier Olia caused my hair fall constantly; hair became very dry and brittle and porous; even the scalp and the hair follicle dried out and hair was falling constantly.

Hair Help
to Anonymous #1310523

Did your hair grow back?

Hair fell out in clumps too.

to Anonymous #1297096

Sorry to hear that :-( When did you colour your hair? Have you had ongoing hair loss since dying your hair?

I've used a few different prducts on hair for coloring so tried the new garnier with the oils and have the dry falling out hair along with a sorta headache.a hearing problem ringing all the time.

have had everything from MRI to balance, and hearing test.

Terrible Just wondering if anyone else had similar problem?Should be leary with new products.

K8-O

Agreed!Hair loss...terrible product.

Has your grown back?I am worried my hair won't grow back!