Featured Not resolved

I don't use traditional shampoos or conditioners because of the toxins in them.I use bicarbonate of soda to wash my hair and condition it with apple cider vinegar and water.

I don't take any medications - not even aspirin. I have quite thin hair but my hairdresser has commented how much healthier, thicker and bouncier it has become since I stopped using toxic shampoos and conditioners on it. However, every two weeks for years I have used Olia 6.9 to colour my roots because I refuse to be grey. I decided to go a shade lighter and switched to Olia 6.3.

I didn't do the patch test because I have been using Olia for years. I used it once - a decision that I regret deeply. My hair turned into matted dreadlocks on my temples and came out at the roots. It turned into jelly in other parts and fell out in clumps.

It still hasn't stopped 3 weeks later. I have lost at least 50% of my hair. I have 3 big occasions coming up in the next 2 months - one being my daughter's wedding. I now have to pay out several hundred pounds for hair extensions because of the damage caused by Garnier.

I called their "customer service" line to let them know what had happened and got the same canned response that this is an isolated incident, we're sorry for your "inconvenience" and we will refund you the cost of the product! INCONVENIENCE - I think it's a little more than an inconvenience - I have hardly any freakin' hair left. I asked them for compensation for my hair extensions and was told that they don't give compensation! Well I'll tell you one thing, by the time I am finished with letting everyone know what Garnier Olia products do to your hair it will cost them way more than the cost of my extensions in lost sales and bad publicity.

It is a disgusting response from a customer service point. Why do they even bother putting "service" at the end - this is clearly no kind of service. Generally, if you consumer bad products you get some kind of compensation for the damage caused. This is no different.

No I didn't eat it but it was sold as safe and I lost my hair.

They should pay for the remedy until (hopefully) my hair grows back.Stay away from this product if you value your hair and your health.

Review about: Garnier Olia Hair Dye.

Reason of review: Bad product, terrible customer service.

I didn't like: Made my hair fall out, Made hair fall out and refused compensation for remedy, No compensation for damage caused, No responsibility for bad product.

Had an Experience with Garnier?

Comments

Risca, Caerphilly, United Kingdom #1336896

Update 6/6/17 took a month for the escalation team to get back to me and only then after I had hounded them with phone calls and emails.They needn't have bothered because again they were absolutely no help.

My daughter's wedding in two weeks and I look like *** and they refuse to accept responsibility for their damaging product. It's amazing how they get away with this.

I will plaster these photographs far and wide so that hopefully I can save someone else from the same fate.Stay away from Garnier products - they don't care about you and will not compensate for the damage caused by their product.