1.4K views

So I decided to try a new shampoo as John Freida changed the smell, and it smells quite manly. I tried switching to Garnier Whole Blends Nourishing Shampoo Honey Treasures, and liked the smell.

My hair was dry, and I wanted to repair my hair as the bottle suggested. I have been using both the shampoo and conditioner for about a month, and my hair is starting to come out in chunks when washing it, and I can't tell you how many strands of hair I have to pick off my shirt during the day. It is falling out all the way to the root as well, not breaking off. Not sure which would be worse?

My scalp is now itchy and feels like it has been sunburned, although that is not the case.

Found a lot of complaints on-line as well about the same thing and all the horrible ingredients that are in it. Guess I will do research before I buy my next bottle of shampoo...

This person wrote the review because of "hair falling out" of garnier whole blends honey treasures shampoo from Garnier. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Garnier to "stop selling the product or take out the harmful ingredients causing it".

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Garnier for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

My hair also has been falling out due to this product

My scalp is SUPER ITCHY and my hair is falling out.... it's everywhere! Do not buy this product.

to Anonymous #1561326

Dang I wish I'd looked at these reviews earlier I'm having issues with this shampoo too.

to Anonymous #1572212

My hair has been falling out for a while now so I have been watching my diet carefully. However, when I tried the scalp massage and brushing it for blood flow (wanting it to help) lots of hair fell out and my scalp burns and is sore.

I am dropping this brand and going back to what I used to use.

I pray it stops falling and begins to grow back. I am so sad....

I used the coconut water and vanilla milk extract shampoo and conditioner for the first time today , the shampoo was alright but when I put the conditioner on my hair it started to burn my scalp so I immediately rinsed it off , I will never use their products again

Makes my scalp so itchy and burn. Can't find much relief from this itching. Will never use this shampoo again.

Bought Garnier Whole Blends Refreshing Shampoo (green apple and tea) for the first time three weeks ago. Slowly has been creating so many dry scaly itchy patches on my scalp and uncontrollable dandruff (and did I mention extreme itchiness too)!

Horrible product and I have switched back today to a real natural shampoo.

No hair loss but an obvious reaction to ingredients in their formula. I can’t imagine their animal testing didn’t spot this-use human testing only next time!

Same thing happened to me and my best friend using the coconut oil and cocoa butter smoothing shampoo and conditioner of this brand. So much hair falling out it was ridiculous.

We both stopped using it and the hair loss stopped shortly there after... We will never use this product again!

Middletown, New York, United States #1329264

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one with this issue. I was using Not Your Mother's and decided to try something to combat my frizzy hair and so I got the Whole Blends Honey Treasures since it's paraben free.

The first time I used it, my hair was noticeably softer and more manageable, by the second time, I noticed my scalp was very itchy, almost a little bit burning feeling and a large area of fine hair near my temple came completely out at the root which caused me to have to fill in the area with eyebrow powder though at this point, I didn't know what was causing it so I got biotin supplements.

The third time the itching/mild burning turned more into a burning sensation like a sun burn as others had mentioned on here which is when I realized it may be the shampoo.

I parted my hair in various ways to inspect my scalp and noticed a small bald spot, slightly smaller than a dime near the back of my head. The hair was completely gone from the root, not even just breakage.

I typically wash my hair every other day, but the following day after my last hair wash, it was burning so bad, I had to do something, so I washed my hair with Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo and a bit of tea tree oil and the burning sensation calmed down almost immediately. I switched back to Not Your Mother's and have not experienced the burning sensation or itching since but the spots where the hair fell out are still visible and I have not noticed new re-growth yet.

There has been no other changes to my lifestyle/health/or diet to cause this and I've never had a reaction from a shampoo whatsoever before in my life.

I have since gone on to read the reviews on amazon.com realizing other people were experiencing hair loss from this product. I took photos as well of the damage to my hair because I'm hoping a class action lawsuit is started soon.

to Anonymous #1375625

This is doing the same thing to my hair. Very scary I've always had long thick hair til using this shampoo and conditioner.

Coming out by the handfull. The company should step up and be responsible for this problem

to Tammy Thurston #1572214

I agree. They have to know by now that there are issues.

Katy, Texas, United States #1305905

I have been trying to grow my hair for over a year. After reading the bottle, I felt that this shampoo set was going to work wonders.

I'm one month into it and my hair has lost its thickness and my curls are dry and frizzy. I am extremely disappointed and upset by this!

I went from having a beautiful head of long curly thick hair to frizzy curl that is unmanageable! My hair is not sensitive, I can use almost any shampoo so the chemicals in this really harsh

I have noticed excessive hair falling off since I started using Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive. I'm going to stop using it. I love the smell, but it is going to make be bald if I don't stop using it.

to Anonymous #1311894

I am experiencing the same thing. I finalky put two abd two together.

Done all kinds of blood work.

Nothing wrong. I hope it stops falling out soon

Peru, Indiana, United States #1264536

This shampoo and conditioner also caused significant hair loss for me. I recently stopped using it and hope that my hair stops falling out. Im afraid I'll be bald.

to Anonymous Houston, Texas, United States #1272131

I recently noticed I have aloof hair coming out from using whole blends. First I thought it might be my birth control bc I just started using it over a month ago.

Then recently have lost tons of weight. But to be honest I've noticed that there's no difference in my hair other that certain areas and in those areas it's itchy and thin now it's really put a damper on myself esteem. I'm going to buy my normal hair shampoo and see if I notice a difference.

I'm trying to rule out everything before I see a doctor. I'm glad I found this post.

I would like for anyone who has read this post and experienced hairless to please email me

blessed1.6@juno.com

to Anonymous #1459417

I have had the same experiance using this product.

I just responded to someone else's post stating that I tried it for the 1st time yesterday and my hair came out in large handfuls!!!!! I have a picture and kept what appears to be about 1/3 of my full, thick head of fine, curly hair.

I almost cried. It left my scalp sore. I can't understand how shampoo and conditioner can do that.

Especially on the 1st use!

I would like to communicate with some of you further, regarding this. It's ridiculous!

to Shocked Temple Hills, Maryland, United States #1280644

I used the honey treasures as well. My hair fell out in clumps and my scalp was super dry...very embarrassing.

I stopped using it, and the hair loss stopped, but my hair is now very thin, and I have a small baldish spot.

My self esteem is gone, between the constant flakes from my scalp on all my clothes, the strands of hair on my clothes and desk, and the constant worry that my hair will shift and my bald spot will show. Called the company over and over-was told a supervisor would call me-they never did.