Featured Not resolved

I bought a very large bottle of New Garnier Fructis with Active Fruit Protein Triple Nutrition Paraben Free Fortifying Shampoo for Dry to Very Dry Hair and the corresponding conditioner. I have been using it for the past 4 months.

About 3 months ago I noticed some pretty heavy hair shedding, it seemed more than normal and wasn't stopping. I am 51 so I wondered if it could be related to hormone changes. I had my hormone levels tested. All was normal.

I saw a doctor who recommended I take iron and increase my protein intake. I have been doing both of those things for over a month now. I haven't dyed my hair in over 10 years and don't get my hair done in salons. The only other time I have ever lost hair like this when I was on chemo therapy for breast cancer over 5 years ago.

My hair grew back as thick and as strong as before until this. It just occurred to me to check about the shampoo and conditioner and I found some reviews claiming hair loss. I am not certain my hair loss is related to this product, since I just used it again to wash my hair today (and while I washed it, a light bulb went off). I had not used this product before on a regular basis (though I have used Garnier shampoo and conditioner while visiting family for very brief periods of a few days).

I am not going to use it any more and see what happens, but I am worried after reading other people's posts that I have somehow been poisoned and hope it is not long term. Has anyone else out there had this problem?

If you stop using the shampoo does your hair grow back? By the way, I bought this product at the Walmart in Miami, FL (see link below).

Review about: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Shampoo.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Get this product off of the shelves, do some research, inform customers..

I didn't like: Losing my hair.

Comments

This is happening to me and same scenerio except my treatment was 3.5 yrs ago. The hair loss is actually getting worse and now I have that tingling scalp thing that happens when on chemo before you lose your hair.

I have also used Pantene and Salon Selectives.

Going back to the sodium laurl sulphate free and chemical free again. Didn't have this problem before and all my hair grew back and almost as thick.

I had a ton of hair loss in past two weeks. My scalp itches. I am furious.

user31615128

Hello, everyone, After I quit using these Garnier products, I also threw out the other one I had (but hadn't used) for anti-frizz. I looked up toxic ingredients sometimes found in shampoos and found that there were a few listed on the Garnier ingredients.

I switched back to products I used to use (Ogx Coconut Milk Shampoo & conditioner), which didn't have the offending chemicals. Thankfully, the shedding stopped after about a month or so and little hairs started growing back all at once all over (even though my hair was only thin and I wasn't bald, it was very noticeable to have so many hairs only 1-2 inches long at the same time!). Another thing I noticed was that my scalp quit itching. I had thought my allergies to dust or animal dander were acting up.

But the only thing changed was the shampoo. GARNIER NEEDS TO CHANGE IT'S FORMULAS OR GET OFF THE SHELVES!!!!

My hair has been coming out in clumps I have thin hair to start with but with every use clumps have been falling out this is not normal

I recently noticed more hair falling out more than usual but today 5/23/18 .still in the state of shock that after I took a bath noticed a lot of hair in the tub , so a little concerned I put more sleek n shine conditioner in rub it in then was rinsing my hair out ended up getting a little matted ? So I tried to lightly dry my hair with a towel then I started combing and I literally pulled out large strands of hair about 4 to5 handfuls !!

I started shaking I was screaming for my husband he didn't know what to say ?. I just started using it for about a month it was my daughter's she left it after she moved out so I took it upon myself to use it since she said it took the knots out of her hair . I too just turned 50 thought the same as you maybe a change ? But not that much hair!!!

I'm afraid to fully look at the back of my head but after I combed it I noticed my parts seemed wider, hairs been looking dull ?

I'm going to call my physician to schedule an appointment but I always had a little hair shedding my hair is long but not like this ? I have pictures on my phone but I'm still in the state of shock hoping it's nothing serious and grows back !

to Kimberly Cherico #1491963

Omg, the same thing happened to me. Tons of hair just falling off.

I hadn't used this shampoo in a while. I mean tons of it fell. I am 47.

Me too, i hope my hair k?rows back. Where else can this be reported?