1.9
Turnaround Time

I'm 41 and have been dyeing my own hair for 20 years with no problems - including turning it from its natural pale blonde to dark chocolate brown and then 6 months later powder bleaching it back to blonde (without help).

In 2009, I used Garnier to touch up my blonde hair as it's become an ash blonde as I've got older and I want a slightly more golden shade - my hair turned bluey-grey - I called the helpline and the lady began laughing (to be honest, it may have been because I said "It's turned my hair grey and I mean GRANNY grey" and she advised me to use a semi-permanent darker colour on it (which to the hilarity of my colleagues only succeeded in turning my hair a weird shade of pink!

Now, 9 years later, I decided to give Garnier another chance - my hair was the perfect shade of multi-tonal blonde and just needed a root touch and my usual Clairol brand wasn't available.

Just done my hair, following all instructions carefully - was supposed to leave the colour on for 30 minutes but at 5 minutes, I noticed my roots had already gone very blonde and then I tilted my head and noticed that horrible familiar dark colour - immediately washed it all off and right now, I'm rocking seriously grey/blue hair again!!

Luckily for me, I'm a lot older and I'm not at work tomorrow, so with clever use of eye makeup I can sort of pretend I was just experimenting and having a mid-life crisis and I can go and buy some good old Clairol which always comes out the colour it says it will.

Amazed at how many other reviews I've read about Garnier where others have had the same "funky" blue/grey result, so I know it's not just me.

Never, ever using Garnier products again.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments